Anyway, if you're not familiar with So You Think You Can Dance, it's a dancing show that encompasses all types of dance. Most of the time, the choreographers come up with some far-fetched story line that I think is ridiculous. I usually end up not connecting with the story but just generally love the dancing. It's few and far between that I really "fall into" the story they are trying to portray. I found myself watching last week's show and really thinking about this performance:
http://www.fox.com/dance/videos/1069337767001/jess-kathryn-top-10?sortby=date
This was supposed to be a dance acting out a man and woman's love story but all I could think about was my relationship with God. I know it sounds completely crazy but as I was watching them dance, it made me think of my own life and my journey with Him. There have been so many times in my life I have tried to do things on my own, not seeing or even caring where God was at the time; All the while, He has been carrying me, holding me up, and leading me. No matter if we "see" Him or not, he is there, dancing with us.

It also makes me think about the "footprints" poem (http://www.footprints-inthe-sand.com/index.php?page=Poem/Poem.php). The first time I heard it, I thought it was really cheesy but the more I thought about it, the more it rings true. How many times do we think God has abandoned us in our times of need when He was really carrying us?
I know it sounds a little crazy that I got all that from watching a dance but it definitely made me think so I thought I would share :) At least I got something from my silly TV shows!

No comments:
Post a Comment