I keep feeling in the mood to blog but then, like most things, I get overwhelmed with everything. I actually started a list of things I wanted to make blog posts about but I'm thinking little notes will just have to work for now.
Here's a re-cap of note-worthy things:
Missing Peoria: I've generally been missing Peoria a whole lot more than I ever thought I would have. I don't know if it's the memories I have there or the actual place that I miss. Either way, when I think of Peoria, it makes me smile. I'm making a trip back in the middle of October so I guess we'll see then!
Coming out as a Catholic: I had this on my list of things to blog about because I feel like this is an interesting subject for me. Plus, I have some funny stories about being known at work as "that churchy girl"
Marytown: I made a day trip to Marytown for St Kolbe's feast day and it was incredible. Seriously. Being there really is like my heaven on earth and it makes my heart sing. Plus, the place is just beautiful. I definitely want to go back sometime soon.
Indiana trip: I made a weekend trip to see good friends, Joel and Rachel in Indiana. After getting the dates mixed up for their housewarming party, I ended up making a different weekend trip which ended up working out better. Funny how things come exactly when and how you need them. It also made me aware that I really need to be a better friend and keep up with people. At the moment, I'm right back to failing at that! I'll get better...someday ;)
Camping trip: I went on an epic camping trip over Labor Day weekend with some awesome Spirit and Truth friends and it was incredible. I hardly have words to describe what made it fun or epic but it just was. My original thought was to make a blog post recap with pictures but...oh well!
I think from all of these re-caps I generally realize I'm not your typical blogger. I always think I'll be able to post re-caps with pictures in a timely manner and it just doesn't happen or happens like this. I think I need to break out of the "conventional blogger box" and just blog my way...whatever way it ends up. Maybe THAT will get me to blog more often ;)
OH! And for those of you who might have seen on facebook, I'm right in the middle of a 9 day St Therese novena. Hopefully it gives me some clarity. Already, it has drastically improved my prayer life...but I have a long way to go.
Upcoming exciting things:
-St Therese's Feast Day
-Bonfire/Pumpkin Carving
-Peoria trip
and just generally planning my life. I guess that part is always on-going. Ok, I think I'm officially done for the day otherwise I will probably continuously ramble. I'm not really sure anyone reads this anyway but for my own sanity, I should stop ;)
Happy (almost) October! Time really flies...
No comments:
Post a Comment