Month by month of what I remember goes like this...
January:
The new year started pretty uneventful. I was really hoping for a dramatic new start since my 2010 was awful so I made a new resolve for 2011: hope. I didn't actually do anything to encourage that hope...yet...but at least the theme was set!
February:
From what I remember of this month, I was crazy busy at Zales and trying to tread water. I managed to get out for a night of fun at Saddle Up with the roomies!
March:
All I remember from March is being desperate for a change. I finally worked up the courage and joined my first parish ever, St Mary Immaculate. I attended regular Sunday Mass there instead of church hopping and resolved to do something there.
April:
April was THE month of change. I went down to Peoria and came back to Chicagoland feeling emptier than ever. It was then that I resolved to do something; I went to St Mary's Young Adult group where I met Faith (literally and figuratively ;))! She also told me about an awesome Eucharistic community, Spirit and Truth which I promptly joined and began a new journey in my faith. I began to finally start to love God's plan for me. I also spent my first ever Easter Vigil NOT in Peoria.
May:
I left Zales and really started to focus on my life. I started really focusing on my relationship with Christ and just relying on hope. My two most momentous memories of this month are going to the Brookfield Zoo with Faith and interviewing in downtown Chicago on Jewelers Row!
June:
My favorite month of the year lived up to it's high expectations this year, as always. My birthday was celebrated in joyful fashion with a re-dedication to the Lord. I finally gave it all up to Him and was rewarded beyond compare! Soon after my birthday, I started my new job at Jared.
July:
Early July, I had a belated birthday celebration at Liz's house and was generally busy enjoying summer.
August:
I have three very fond memories of August. Early in the month, we went to a Brad Paisley concert which epitomized summer. I also made a trip to visit Joel and Rachel in Indiana and visited Marytown for the Feast of St Maximilian Kolbe.
September:
Memorial Day weekend was the height of this month with a Starved Rock camping trip with friends! What an amazing trip. I definitely won't be forgetting that one. I can't wait to go again next year!
October:
This was definitely a busy friend month, as well. Memories that stick out are: apple picking with Katrin in Dekalb, Liz's bonfire, and my epic trip to Peoria. Back in October, I wrote a novel blog post about my trip to Peoria but I realized I could never really do the trip justice. It was just a happy weekend occasion :)
November:
A few friends and I went to the Hillsong Concert and had a nice, relaxing time for Liz's birthday. This was also more importantly very reflective month filled with good friends and family. It was definitely a whole month of thanks in keeping with the Thanksgiving holiday. <3
December:
The year wrapped up nicely in December with a new love for the Christ child as I prepared my talk for Spirit and Truth. It really gave me a new appreciation and love for Christmas as I celebrated with friends and family. Memories to note: footie pj party and Marytown Christmas Midnight Mass
Overall, 2011 was a great year filled with hope. I can only hope and pray that I grow as much in 2012!
Here's to the new year filled with love, joy and TRUST in our great and loving God <3












No comments:
Post a Comment